Tuesday, April 8, 2008

019

*CLICK IMAGE FOR A LARGER VERSION*
I, like many of you, am a smoker and I live in dread of the day when our government starts following international trends and gets really serious about banning smoking in public places. Sure we're not supposed to smoke within 5meters of any public entrance and we've been packed into foul smelling smoking rooms when we go to coffee shops but we in SA are still relatively free from governmental anti-smoking oppression. In parts of Europe, it's illegal to smoke in you car... or in pubs, IN PUBS! I think it's completely hypocritical to allow one (legal) drug to be used in an area but to ban another... what the hell are these people thinking?
And yes... I know it's bad for me, but so is the pollution in the city, radiation from the sun, my cell phone and the PC monitor in front of me. I smoke, deal with it.

No comments: